Thursday, January 19, 2012

Prayer

1 Kings 8:49
then hear their prayer
and their supplication
in heaven Your dwelling place,
and maintain their cause,

What do you indulge in?
When you pray do you find yourself easily distracted?
Your prayer might go something like this:
“Dear Lord, umm please watch over me and my family.. (Self talk) Ohh, I have to remember to call them today.. Oh yeah Lord, and would you protect me with Your covering, Amen”.
When you watch a ball game, or your fave show are you easily distracted at that time?
My guess is probably no!!
Why do we do this?
Our minds never seem to slow down.. The wheels just keep turning.. When in prayer, let your wheels turn towards HIM and stay focused on HIM. One more thing.. Even though your prayer(s) are not answered right then and there, thank HIM at the same time your asking. And one last piece of advice.. HE is more pleased when we pray for others.. Let’s not be selfish!! May God Bless You All J

No comments:

Post a Comment